Lovely summer via BigGreenEyes
Fin is all about the end of the week, and I am happy to report that the first week of 2010 was a goodie (despite working a lot in the coffee shop). Fin is also about remembering and recording the best of the week’s events and so, without further delays…
The New Year! I rang in the New Year on the beach with my boyfriend and some of his friends, following a delicious BBQ, wine and Jager. I did not get too drunk, although I did completely DESTROY one of my pairs of polkadot stockings. We walked half an hour to the beach and my shoes were crushing my toes. They had to come off, leaving me to walk the walk in tights!
Apple Cider. Ice cold & crisp, Monteiths Crushed Apple Cider goes down a real treat. ♥
Avatar. This is the BEST MOVIE EVERRR. The sheer aesthetic is breathtaking, and regardless of what critics say about the plot I am still a sucker for the Pocahontas archetype. I have to see this movie again & hopefully the second time around the incredibly romantic ending will not reduce me to tears…
Speaking Sweedish. My boyfriend has been teaching me a few words and phrases. It is fun & very silly.
Sunny Days. Walking along the beach. Amazing coastal views. Reading in the sun. Long drives & generally feeling inspired! The above is a view from my boyfriends Mum’s place up on the Hibiscus Coast, New Zealand.
Honorable Mentions: Discovering that 2012 is not a scary movie and that everyone thinks it sucks. Free parking. Oatmeal with berry compote. New cafe’s. 3-player Castle Crashers on Xbox. Buying my 2010 planner.
- A couple of awesome blogs: Passiveaggressivenotes.com, read 2010: the year in painfully polite and hilariously hostile notes. Clientsfromhell, full of web/graphic designer in jokes & they make me crack up.
- Why buying handmade is better than buying mass-produced got me interested in buying more DIY in the new year. A sweet link list of DIY designers is included!
- A love letter to Sweden, via Rachel Hills. Very fitting considering the dosage of Swedish I’ve received in the past week.
- I loved Mermaid’s answer to keeping your blog fresh. Personally, I always keep a notebook on hand but there are a few good ideas in here!
- Check out this interview with Dita Von Teese on Suicide Girls *some NSFW.* Mmm, sexy.
- I mentioned how much I loved Avatar above, but I still found this funny. Pocahontas = Avatar.
- Flickr stream Lady Gaga Dolls is awesome, these DIY beauties are fantastic with detail right down to their very own hair bows.
- & on the subject of DIY toys, Mari Kasurinen creates celebrity inspired My Little Pony figurines including My Little Lady GaGa!
I hope your first week of 2010 has been equally amazing, what have you enjoyed the most? I’m set for another weekend of sun, sand and good times. I am hoping to get my camera batteries sorted out so I can take some decent photos. Until next week,