This week I’ve been inspired by big and outrageous shoes.
Highlights this week… I turned 21 this week and I don’t feel a whole lot older, but grateful for good friends and good food! I went out one of my favourite restaurants, Tanuki’s Cave which is a Japanese Yakatori style restaurant. This means ordering plates of nibbles on skewers, and sharing it around. It’s a fun way to do dinner, and I’m kicking myself because I completely forgot to take photos…
Here’s a picture I found online:
Otherwise this week has mostly been about studying – but with the last exam for this semester on Monday I’ll be glad to welcome a well deserved break.
The Rest of the Web
- Karen Walker and Stolen Girlfriends Club design customized All White’ jersey’s in order to support Starship Children’s Hospital. They’re pretty cool, especially SGC’s leopard patterned back.
- You might be interested in this free downloadable guide to SEO (search engine optimization). It’s nicely set out too, can’t complain.
- NubbyTwiglet posted this cautionary tale of purchasing hosting from GoDaddy. Talking around to a few other people I found that they really aren’t well known for their security. If you are hosted by GoDaddy (or thinking of purchasing hosting with them) then please read this!
- I keep running into cats. DreamCats is a cute Tumblr, bringing you cats in soft focus, and ever since I ‘Liked’ Next Top Cat Model on Facebook I’ve been delivered daily doses of cat model goodness right to my news feed. Cute as.
- This is interesting. Jazzi tells us about Notecards & Handwriting, and why people cross out their last name when they’re signing something.
- A smile activated vending machine is for real, and those who smile wide enough will be lucky enough to get free ice cream. I’d like to try this out.
- PR Couture reports on 6 digital fashion PR trends from Fashion Camp LA. They’re bang on. #3: ‘retailers are becoming publishers and publishers are becoming retailers.’
- Stuff No One Told Me is a very cute cartoon illustrated blog.
I do a bit of work for this awesome lady, Vicky – who’s about to launch her internet TV show and video blog. Watch the first episode on Boob health!
That’s all for this week – have a great weekend!