This Week in Fashion, Marketing, Etc.
- If you know anything about web / graphic design, you probably treat Comic Sans as a bit of a joke – especially when you catch someone using it. This site is for everyone who knows a Comic Sans criminal.
- Did you know that Starbucks is rolling out a new drink size, the trenta? It’s almost twice the size of a venti, and while it’s only for iced coffee and tea it’s still ridiculous. The size of the venti’s are awkward enough!
- I love the Guess 2011 Spring Campaign.
- I *love* WordPress, and I recommend it over Blogger as a blogging platform (depending on what your goals are, of course). IFB has a great article on why WordPress is so great.
- Can you do nothing for 2 minutes? It’s longer than you think!
- Mashable has some great ideas for beating writer’s block online.
- The Elements of Retro Web Design is a fantastic article from Web Designer Depot, not only does it show examples of the elements but it tells you how you can implement them in your own designs.
- Productivity tip from 99% – do your most important task first. I always try to knock off my biggest tasks first, so I’m behind this article all the way.
- These typography mugs are pretty cool. I could drink my tea and coffee out of this!
- 10 Ideas for Creating Innovative and Unique Web Design is refreshing. I’m absolutely behind #1 – start with a blank canvas and see what happens.
- On the blurring lines of fashion:
And the way fashion exists now, that means anyone in the industry can turn their hand to a new role.
- New Zealand telco’ Vodafone bought the ‘double rainbow’ viral video sensation to New Zealand and featured him in their latest ads. It’s kind of awesome! Watch it below:
PS: I changed the font after finding a great eBook on creating better font-stacks. I’m using Geneva, Lucida Sans, Lucida Grande, Lucida Sans Unicode, Verdana, sans-serif. I think I’ve finally found the font that fits my style and voice – I think choosing the right font for your blog is so important!