This Week in Fashion, Blogging & Etc.
- This week the controversy around newbie blog thecoveted[dot]com versus the original The Coveted heated up, with the former obviously taking a bit of flack for their less-than-original choice in names. The support other bloggers has been incredible, and I especially liked this post which called thecoveted[dot]com out on the name jacking. Jennine, along with the help of a trade mark law specialist, sent the naughty girls over at thecoveted[dot]com a letter explaining the situation and their response? Keep talking about us and we’ll sue!
- Still on the same subject as above, but Eva of The Dressful has an excellent point – stop promoting thecoveted[dot]com! Every time they are linked to, it only boosts their traffic and rankings.
- Issac asks, after seeing a significantly declining number of bloggers at fashion shows, where have all the bloggers gone?
- The Wireframe Showcase is brilliant, the site compares the original wireframe to the resulting design. They often look remarkably different but you can see that the core elements are still there.
- Font fuse is an excellent resource for web and graphic designer alike (or, anyone with a love for typography). The premise is displaying combinations of title and body fonts, as submitted and voted on by community members. Great inspiration!
- 20 (sarcastic) tips to becoming a popular fashion blogger. I am looking forward to part 2.
- The Myth of the Perfect Writing Environment is a nice little reminder.
If you’re passionate and dedicated and intend to get your writing done, buck up and do it. If you don’t have your perfect Moleskine with you or you left your lucky pen at home, then write on something else. Use a napkin. Use a crayon. Write. Get it done.
- I very much like the new packaging for Nordstrom Hosiery. It has a very cheeky and sexy vibe to it.
- This is the state of the internet, winter 2010 edition.
- I am COMPLETELY smitten by Me & Him. This is M. Ward and Zooey Deschanel’s band – who has been making my heart melt ever since 500 Days of Summer. This video is all kinds of awesome: