This week’s Links Out will be much shorter than usual, and supplemented with Links A La Mode because my Know Your Fabrics article made the list! These are a few of the other digital goodies I’ve stumbled upon this week:
This Week in Fashion, Blogging & Etc.
- I can totally relate to ‘how do you manage your online personality, offline?‘
- How another blogger manages her free time, planning is kind of a key thing!
- This is a great interview with Vice President and Publisher of Teen Vogue Sabine Feldman about the Teen Vogue Blogger Lounge and the launch of Teen Vogue’s personal style blogger network Fashion Click.
- Great tips on growing for blog traffic, she knows what she’s talking about!
- How to follow fashion week online: Easy, consult this guide for a complete round up of which designers are live-streaming and when.
Links A La Mode
- This is an innovative idea on behalf of beauty brands, let customers order sample-packs and try before they buy.
- Is First Lady Michelle Obama too old and too large to wear a gorgeous Alexander McQueen red gown?
- An interview with vintage expert Doris Raymond of The Way We Wore regarding her sale, vintage trends and vintage lingerie.
- Tips for taking outfit photos, behind and in front of the camera.
- Super eShakti Discount, 20% off c/o Dramatis Personae
- Vogue India promotes an extremely narrow standard of female beauty – only light skin is beautiful!
- A look at celebrity branding from Danni Minogue to Jane Birkin
- In praise of older women in fashion editorials
- A peek at fashion trends in Japan this February
- How Three Successful Bloggers Monetize their Blogs
- Know Your Fabrics! A Guide to Wool, Cotton, Polyester, Viscose and Silk
- Photos and notes from a 19th century fashion exhibition. Lots of ruffles.
- Runningwithheels.com launches new iPad issue with an emphasis on… de-constructed heels?
- You’re a fashionista but you live in Alabama – should you dress down to suit a small-town vibe? I can relate, Auckland is not a street-style mecca!
- Have you ever wondered what to wear to the theater?
- How to put a little bit of Lady GaGa in your step.
- I am completely behind the 10 Commandments of online shopping
- Superstylin*: A Common Thread featuring contemporary label Threadware: The fashion industry itself is small and we are all bound by a common thread.
- Great idea: The Digital Mini Fashion Film Festival: A round up of the latest short films, campaign videos, and creative video-projects of the fashion industry.
- Istanbul Fashion Week runway shows by designers Günseli Türkay and Mehtap Elaidi: Review and photos
- A guide to wearing one color, yes this article covers black.
Enjoy your weekend, maybe check out a NY fashion week live stream (if you’re into that sort of thing!).