This Week in Fashion, Blogging & Etc.
- Tips for optimizing your blog layout. On that note, The Fashion Pawn (the author of that article) is running a bit of a series called ‘the business of blogging’ (BOB) which is full is useful bits & pieces of information.
- How to eliminate 21 major writing mistakes from your blog – 21 in-your-face but good tips for improving the quality of writing on your blog.
- Why Google Boutiques is like the fast fashion that nobody wants, and why the girls at Fashionably Marketing wish it would just go away.
- Why Balmain’s pointy shoulders are a super clever trend. According to Eva, their magic lies in their social, economic and cultural context.
- John Galliano, fashion designer from Christian Dior has been suspended from the company following his arrest for allegedly making anti-Semitic remarks towards a couple at a Paris cafe.
- Tools for web-geeks: Easy cross browser testing and a speed test check up. Put your blog through ’em.
- I love this little reminder from Chris Brogan on keeping distractions to a minimum, or, Why you are not as successful as you want to be.
- Have you ever visited Fiverr? The concept is that people offer & request services. All kinds of services, from design, to video creation, to commenting on your blog. The catch is that – the only $amount exchanged is… $5. What would you do for $5?
I could not choose between this and the above editorial this week. Colour blocking has my heart. I like this editorial in particular because it makes those odd-looking Prada wedges look just right.
I hope you’re having a great weekend! I am gearing up to start my post-graduate course next week, catching up with friends & axing my to-do list (it feels so good).
PS: My blogger friend Euforilla is having a giveaway, check it out!