Happy March – and a big welcome to all of those that are new readers! I was completely overwhelmed at the great response I got to 50 Ways to Take Your Fashion Blog to the Next Level, and I’ll definitely keep writing on this topic!
This Week in Fashion, Blogging & Etc.
- These photos of Paris in black and white are breathtaking.
- You might have heard by now about John Galliano’s dismissal from Dior following accusations over anti-Semitic remarks made in public. The Cut recounts the show with that fact in mind, and I was interested to read that before the show Dior CEO Sidney Toledano made statement regarding the incident which I thought was a good way to handle it (and, on that note, I loved Dior’s show).
- Last weekend Ruby had one of their infamous designer/sample sales. I went along & scored a black sequinned blazer at about 60 – 70% off retail. It was complete and utter chaos, and Ruby has shared a few photos of the madness.
- Web design tips and advice from A – Z. Super clever.
- I love Liz’s new ‘Geek Chic’ feature, and found this installment on managing your email inbox particularly useful. My email inbox is a chronic mess (but I’m trying to change that).
- A couple of great posts on the business of blogging: Bree answers the question, ‘how do bloggers make money?‘ and IFB discusses how you should handle your accounts receivable (that’s the money you’ve got coming in).
- Four ways to develop a signature look from The High Low.
- I love Grit & Glamour’s rules for rocking leather in the office.
- This is quite tongue in cheek, but probably quite true – how to be assaulted by a horde of street style photographers.
- The first of the IFB Evolving Influence videos have started rolling out & they are GREAT. Check out the Business of Blogging (below):