The past two weeks have flown past, and I don’t expect this week to be any different. Assignments are creeping up on me, as are travel plans – 5 days and I’ll be on a plane from New Zealand to the east coast of the USA! (DC & New York). A highlight of the past few weeks has been the incredible wedding I attended last weekend. Themed pink, black and white it was not the most conventional of weddings. There was a wine bar, a cheese bar (I tried some weird looking cheese), and a candy bar. The wedding cake wasn’t so much a cake as it was a tower of macroon’s. I wish I’d bought my camera but hopefully some photos surface soon!
Alright, on to the goodness – here are some of my favourite links from the past two weeks, enjoy!
This Week in Fashion, Blogging & Etc.
- Here’s a question: How much effort to you make (in terms of your appearance)?
- I have been working on a wee’ project for the Inspirational Video Queen, and the web site is now launched! Check out her latest video ‘How to Change Your Life‘ – you’ll also want to sign up to her mailing list to grab a free copy of her best selling book ‘Back On Top’ (hop to it!).
- This article will remind you of the importance of networking in blogging. You cannot blog in isolation!
- For those like me who like the idea of sheer skirts but don’t know what to do with them, here’s a few styling tips.
- Can you handle the truth, because these 27 reasons your blog doesn’t deserve to exist are not sugar coated.
- Jeffrey Campbell lovers will die over Sole Struck’s Jeffrey Campbell easter campaign.
- I am obsessed with the clashing colours aesthetic. Corrine is too, and she posted an awesome round up of colour clashing inspiration.
- Following in the footsteps of luxury brands like Burberry who have launched ‘socially curated, interactive heritage sorytelling’ sites, Chanel has launched its own ‘Makeup Confidential‘ which features video content and tutorials on how to wear the spring collection, interviews with Creative Director of Chanel Makeup, and plenty of product information (via Fashionably Marketing).
- I LOVE Air New Zealand’s latest flight safety video starring Richard Simmons (it’s as camp as you are imagining right now!). I am flying Air New Zealand on Friday and I HOPE I get to see this in context!
- To support our on going quest to become better photographers, IFB has five tips for taking photos in low light.
- The latest video from February’s Evolving Influence conference, ‘who owns your blog content?’ This is a very informative panel discussion, and worth a watch by any blogger – regardless of how ‘big’ your blog is/you want it to be.
Have a fantastic weekend! ♥
PS I am proud to announce that I will be editing this Tuesday’s edition of Links a la Mode: Tech for Independent Fashion Bloggers; look out for it!