I’ve been in transit for the pats 24 hours – 19 hours of which were spent on planes. Yes, unfortunately that’s the reality of traveling between New York and New Zealand. I’ve had a ridiculously fabulous time, and all I can keep thinking is about WHEN I’ll get to go back (with a bit of luck, as soon as next year…).
I’ll still be serving up photos & anecdotes from my travel diary over the next week – plus my favorite shopping & eating spots. New York City really is the most incredible place – end of story!
This weekend is also Easter weekend – so if you are celebrating, Happy Easter and enjoy your chocolate treats (om nom).
This Week in Fashion, Blogging & Etc.
- Do blogs really benefit from giveaways? Independent Fashion Bloggers investigates the effect of the giveaway for bloggers, readers, and brand relationships.
- 7 ways bloggers can build their brands through meaningful content and thinking about your content from a brand perspective.
- Gala’s haiku love letters to her favorite shoes of the season is in fact a shoe porn destination.
- A new study claims larger models could be detrimental to the nation’s health as skinny models provide an incentive for weight control. The Cut does not agree, and puts it rather eloquently: people must be shamed into thinness by the fashion industry and society’s ideals of beauty.
- A few of the world’s most iconic logos redesigned to better explain the brand they stand for.
- Easter egg cupcakes here and here – these are super cute!
- 10 things I wish I had known about blogging. I especially like #7 and #8, there will be days when you hate and want to murder your blog, and there will be days when you love it like nothing else.
- I love this interview by Gran’s Loose Change with fellow Kiwi blogger Fashion Westie. She is a riot. I love, I love.
- The shoes in this editorial are ridiculous and sort of wonderful. Massive, paint splattered creepers.
- I thought the concept of the internet as an envy amplifier was interesting, especially if you put it into a fashion context.
- How to throw real Housewives-style tea party (for less than $50,000). I think this looks fun!
Have a fabulous weekend!
PS: Top Shop is offering free international shipping on orders over 75 pounds.