Hello weekend! In this week’s fashion & blogging must click list are retail therapy saving tips, becoming an (even better) blogger, and security tips for keeping your blog / website safe – and if you’ve ever wanted to make incredible looking cupcakes, make sure you Laura’s video demonstration!
This Week in Fashion & Blogging…
- IFB is making finding images for your posts a little bit easier with the IFB Flickr Photo Pool. It’ll be a fashion and lifestyle photo resource, free for you to draw on when you’re in need of a little eye candy for your next post. IFB is currently seeking submissions for the photo pool, so if you’ve got something to share, hop to it!
- Who couldn’t use with a few tips on saving? Beautifully Invisible shares quite a number of places where you can save on your retail therapy.
- Gala shares an excerpt from her Journal in 2005, when she was busy dreaming of being a writer. It’s awesome to be able to see a real ‘dreams do come true’ story in action!
- Security isn’t the most interesting part of blogging / running a website, but it is pretty important. The last thing you want is your site attacked & exploited resulting in who-knows-what. BUT, Style Confessions is here to help with a few tips on how you can avoid being hacked. Extra for experts: Check out website security tips from Google.
- Nikki of Styling You mentioned me as one of the 5 bloggers that inspire her to be a better blogger. I am absolutely flattered – thank you!
- Nikki also shares how she packed for three days (and two events) in Sydney with a carry-on baggage allowance only. I am impressed (and will definitely be taking a page out of her book if I’m ever flying on such a strict luggage allowance).
- Networking and relationship building is an important part of blogging, but what do you do when things aren’t as peachy as you’d like them to be? Here’s a bit of advice that may help if you find yourself in such a situation.
- I love Katherine’s photos from backstage at Kate Sylvester at RAFW.
- I’ve been looking at ways to shake up my routine, and was intrigued by this article from the Wellness Warrior on…bouncing!
- 500 Day of Summer is one of my favorite movies. I love this seen with You Make My Dreams Come True:
- Have you ever wanted to make amazing looking cupcakes but weren’t too sure of how to do it? Laura will have you sored in no time! This girl is my new favorite, and I promise to make these ASAP!
This Week, Offline:
I am officially a graduate as of yesterday! I wore the full cap & gown monty for the ceremony, with an apricot silk lined hood to represent my degree (a bachelor of business and information management). It was incredible celebrating this mile stone with my friends – and YES we did celebrate it last night! Party planners tip: Hire a photographer to capture the night. It’s so worth it, you can capture the event without having to watch it from the sidelines.
Have a fabulous weekend!