In this week’s fashion & blogging must click list are tips for falling in love with your blog all over again, the reality of Sex and the City’s Carrie Bradshaw and Google’s interview with one of my favourites: Tina Fey.
This Week in Fashion & Blogging…
- The top 10 best outfits in Disney films. I also loved Ariel’s makeshift dress out of a sail, who knew other people did too?!
- I commend this: Carrie Bradshaw math. The verdict? Carrie Bradshaw is either a) lying or b) in a hell of a lot of debt.
- Opera went out with a few wonderful words (there’s a video!):
Your platform is wherever you are, with your own reach however small or large that reach is. Wherever you are, that is your platform, your stage, your circle of influence. That is your talk show and that is where your power lies.
- 7 tips for falling in love with your blog all over again. I like #4: Write your manifesto. Now… what would your manifesto look like?
- More from Copyblogger, how to captivate new readers in 5 minutes or less. I want to do all of this!
- How do you protect your blog? This is important, guys!
- Gala Darling was on TVNZ’s Sunday last weekend. It was a very interesting little story, and all around inspiring. Gala is still very much a kiwi and I think that’s why I like her.
- Are YSL’s designer cigarettes clever or disturbing? I find it inherently odd to see something that’s so gross dressed up as something so beautiful.
- I want this app so much I’d buy an iPhone for it. You use it to take individual photos of your clothes and shoes, and it helps you organize, sort through ’em and find something to wear. Genius!
- Another thought provoking piece from Issac, are New Zealand designers giving value for money? Read the comments too. I must admit I have been disappointed before by shoddy New Zealand designer clothing.
- I love Tina Fey:
This Week, Offline:
As the semester comes to an end, so do the number of assignment due dates and the intensity of the work… but I’m officially counting down because come the holidays I’m off on another adventure! I’ve started finalizing travel plans this week, and so I suppose that makes it official: I’m going to Sweden for 3 weeks in June/July! It’ll be my second stint of international travel… and when I consider that my first stint was Washington DC & New York City just a few months ago I definitely feel privileged!
Have a fabulous weekend!