A few readers have asked what my preferences are for skincare products, so I thought I’d share my current skincare routine. There seem to be a lot of people in their early 20’s wanting to repent their skincare sins of the past and start prioritizing their skincare ‘routines’ – I can definitely relate! Here’s what I’m currently using:
1. Dove Foaming Make Up Remover; I was given this to review via NZ Girl and I’ve been using it ever since. It is just so easy to apply and wash off. I used it as a make-up remove/cleanser because it seems to do both jobs relatively well.
2. Natio Rosewater & Chamomile Skin Toner; I use this to make sure the Dove make up remover has effectively vanquished all traces of dirt and make-up. I haven’t really used a toner before so I don’t have anything to compare this to. The one that I’m using I got as part of a gift-with-purchase, but it seems to do the job and leaves my skin feeling nice.
3. Bio Elements Light Plex Serum; I’ve been using this to treat pigmentation and sun damage. Apparently it takes 8 – 12 weeks of constant morning and evening use before the results become visible, so I have nothing to report on yet (unfortunately!). Although, as far as serum’s go this one is easy to apply and doesn’t leave my face feeling greasy.
4. Trilogy Face Care Vital Moisturizing Cream with Rose Hip Oil; Trilogy’s skincare products are incredible! With this moisturizer, all you need is one tiny squirt out of the bottle to cover your entire face. It goes on supremely easily, and leaves your face feeling moisturized. I chose this one in particular because it contains Rose Hip oil which is known for its powerful anti-aging properties.
5. Neutrogena Spectrum+ Advanced Sunblock Lotion w/ SPF 100+; I chose this sunscreen because it had the highest SPF and I needed something that would effectively prevent further sun damage while I treat my skin with the Light Plex serum. It is a good sunscreen though, you don’t need to use too much to cover your face and it doesn’t leave it feeling too greasy either. However, I do need to wait 5 – 10 minutes before I even think about applying makeup.
I use the Dove make up remover, toner, Light Plex serum, and moisturizer in the evening, and in the morning I swap the make up remover and toner for the sunblock.
What products to you use as apart of your current skincare routines?