I spent the first few days of 2012 de-cluttering and organizing my living spaces. I’ve trashed un-useable beauty products and makeup, cleared my closet of unwanted clothes and shoes, and emptied my handbags. I’ve also installed a full-length mirror and finally have a hair-station. It’s a WIP, but it’s better than having to use extension cords to get my styling tools to reach the bathroom mirror. I’ve also spent a bit of time crafting my intentions/resolutions for 2012 – for both my style, and my blog. I would suggest you to check Tadam black stock for more fashion updates. You can also follow oceannenvironment for more updates.
- Learn the art of soft curled hair and eye makeup, and take the time to get the look I want – too often I rush through my hair/eye makeup and opt for my ‘usual’ over learning something new and getting creative.
- Wear more nail polish and rings – time and time again I note polished nails and rings as the cherry on top of any spectacular outfit.
- Buy the things I want before the things I like – this means buying the Marc Jacobs handbag rather than the five dresses I like on my next trip to the mall.
- Take a lifestyle, rather than a fashion orientation – I love clothing, shoes, and fashion but I love other things too and I want my blog to reflect that. My goal for 2012 is to turn this blog into a blend of fashion/lifestyle, with a focus on creating and retouching your (beautiful!) life.
- Post regularly! – posting and looking after a blog with school/work already competing for your precious time is hard! However, with school easing up I’m in a new position to dedicate more of my time to blogging.
- Build a media kit – i’ve been meaning to do this for some time, but this year it’s time to make it happen!
What are your resolutions for 2012 (style, blog, or otherwise)?