Link Love – Week Ending 8/01/12
January 7, 2012 in Link Love
One week into 2012 already! How have you spent it? I’ve got a few things to check off my to-do list before I go back to work on Monday, but otherwise I’ve done a good job at setting the tone for 2012: Crafted beauty, creativity and organisation – with plenty of relaxation and time spent with good people. Here are a few links to keep you entertained this weekend.
- How cool are these portrait photographs of Erika Labanauskaite by Matjaz Ocko (pictured above). The colours are stunning, just wait until you see the blue lipstick.
- Are you setting blogging goals this year? Here are 7 tips that might help!
- 12 tips for revitalizing your blog in 2012 – I need to get on to #6 (and tidy up my sidebar!)
- This is a fantastic interview with M.A.C makeup artist Amber D on the NZ Fashion Festival campaign images.
- The interior of this McDonalds in France was designed by Paris-based designer Patrick Norguet, and it is incredible!
- We all have subjective wisdom that we can pass on. This project takes that idea in asking design graduates to pass on their advice and inspiration to first-year students through a series of posters.
- Inside Coco Chanel’s apartment.
- These landscapes carved out of books are incredible.
- Rachel Hills on what a ‘beautiful life’ means to her.
- This article pretty much proves that its the photographer – NOT the camera – that makes the photos! I really recommend this one if you’ve ever had camera-envy. If nothing, it’ll inspire you to learn more about composition and really USING the functions your camera has to offer.
- The High Low writes about fashion’s 5 big ‘winners’ of social media last year.