I’ve had a chaotic week – in all the right ways. I smashed out a boat-load of work [at work], met up with a pretty group of marketing geek-chic girls [!], and attended the launch of Marilyn Seyb [a new boutique opening at 100 Ponsonby Road]. I was blown away by the Wild Fox campaign imagery [above] and the new 2012 line from Deadly Ponies.
Needless to say – at the end of it all I was more than willing to welcome a Saturday morning lie-in and a trawl through the internet [without any particular goal other than satisfying my love for the aesthetically pleasing + inspiring]. Here’s a few of the links I loved:
- JUST in case the excitement on social media hadn’t already tipped you off, it’s NYFW time again. If you’re even slightly interested in following along from wherever you are in the world, check out Fashionista’s Outsider’s Guide to an Insider’s Fashion Week.
- 5 tips for food photography - I’m exploring the idea of introducing food photography to my blog so this post was especially timely, 5 tips for better food photography.
- Hipstamatic (yes, the app) just released a new ‘lens’ designed for fashion week. I might just have to try this one out…
- I’m obsessed with decluttering, but I’ve got nothing on this story about throwing away 100 things in one day .
- Bethany’s technique for creating contrast nails is surprisingly simple. I want to try this this week.
- Considering Cetaphil’s reputation for being a more ‘gentle’ option, the facts in this post about why Cetaphil is actually the devil were a bit surprising!
- Neris has amazing hair, and this week she kindly shared her hair care secrets.
- How to ‘fake’ the fit of your clothes (without expensive alternations) – A few creative ideas on what to do with blazers and shirts that don’t quite fit.
- How to rent an apartment in New York from Issac Likes
- I love glitter nail polish, but find the effort required to remove it far too daunting – however, this little trick involving tin-foil looks like it could be the solution to my glitter-nail related problems!
- This DIY for Givenchy Final Toe heel is ridiculously easy – thanks Jazzi!
- I love the idea of the ‘phone stacking’ game – yes, let’s make this a thing!