This week was pretty low key in comparison to the last few weeks I’ve had. In retrospect, it was a much needed breather. I have taken notice of the fact that my dissertation is due in a little over a month. I’m well on my way, but the thought is still a little nerve-wracking! Anyhow.. check out this week’s highlights after the jump.. ♥
- I attended the New Zealand launch of Style Tread at Mollies Boutique Hotel. Breakfast plus shoes is a great way to start the day!
- I finished work a little early (read: half an hour) to get my hair done on Thursday evening. I adore the salon I go to, and they always do a great job that leaves me with a smile. You’ll be able to take a look at my ‘new’ (I say ‘new’ because it’s not really any different) hair on Monday’s outfit post. 🙂
- Gala posted about how to make your Instagram photos pop, including a list of apps you can use to edit your photos in before you import them into Instagram. I’ve downloaded a few of them (Camera+, Camera Awesome and Picfx) so expect my Instagram feed to become more interesting over the next few weeks!
- I’ve made a promise to myself to give this recipe for low-fat, low-sugar maple walnut scones a go.. although I’ll be replacing the splenda and sugar-free syrup with real sugar.
- In that same vein, IFB asks ‘how real is too real?‘ within the context of the blog. For me, I like to include only the ‘personal’ details’ I think are relevant and will inspire.. What do you think about sharing personal details on your blog/social media?
- Worth reading: 3 questions to ask yourself when considering an impulse buy.
- I feel like a lot of my friends are wanting to start a blog right now (which is awesome!). Here’s how to start a blog with a bang.
- I am so inspired by Jakob Nylund’s home. It’s black and white, chick and modern, with splashes of old-fashioned pieces that give the place character.
What’s on your highlight list this week?