The Love List 13.05.12 – Style Tread, New Hair, and Making Your Instagrams Pop
May 13, 2012 in The Love List
This week was pretty low key in comparison to the last few weeks I’ve had. In retrospect, it was a much needed breather. I have taken notice of the fact that my dissertation is due in a little over a month. I’m well on my way, but the thought is still a little nerve-wracking! Anyhow.. check out this week’s highlights after the jump.. ♥
- I attended the New Zealand launch of Style Tread at Mollies Boutique Hotel. Breakfast plus shoes is a great way to start the day!
- I finished work a little early (read: half an hour) to get my hair done on Thursday evening. I adore the salon I go to, and they always do a great job that leaves me with a smile. You’ll be able to take a look at my ‘new’ (I say ‘new’ because it’s not really any different) hair on Monday’s outfit post.
- Gala posted about how to make your Instagram photos pop, including a list of apps you can use to edit your photos in before you import them into Instagram. I’ve downloaded a few of them (Camera+, Camera Awesome and Picfx) so expect my Instagram feed to become more interesting over the next few weeks!
- I’ve made a promise to myself to give this recipe for low-fat, low-sugar maple walnut scones a go.. although I’ll be replacing the splenda and sugar-free syrup with real sugar.
- In that same vein, IFB asks ‘how real is too real?‘ within the context of the blog. For me, I like to include only the ‘personal’ details’ I think are relevant and will inspire.. What do you think about sharing personal details on your blog/social media?
- Worth reading: 3 questions to ask yourself when considering an impulse buy.
- I feel like a lot of my friends are wanting to start a blog right now (which is awesome!). Here’s how to start a blog with a bang.
- I am so inspired by Jakob Nylund’s home. It’s black and white, chick and modern, with splashes of old-fashioned pieces that give the place character.
What’s on your highlight list this week?