I’m not sure how summer is almost over, as I’m definitely not ready to welcome back the cooler months! Though I am hoping March & April are like they were last year, it still seems far to soon for Autumn to be arriving. That said, I am enjoying the first of winter 2013 trickling into stores, and there are a few coats and boots I have my eye on. Though too soon to buy without worrying about jinxing winter into coming early. Have a wonderful weekend!
- My favourite online shoe store, Solestruck shot a look book entitled ‘Polaroids of Shoes.’ It is what it is and it’s amazing.
- Orla Kiely AW13 is one of the best executions of Mad Men inspired styles I’ve seen, and Carrie from Wish Wish Wish’s photos of the presentation are amazing. Model’s played secretary – answering phones and tapping away on typewriters in-between posing for photos. So, so good.
- My friends and I recently launched the NZ Blog Collective – a platform for NZ bloggers to meet & greet, connect, and collaborate. We’re hosting our first event on Wednesday in the Auckland CBD area next week. If you’re interested, you can RSVP on Facebook!
- I made Sophie’s recipe for Bacon & Egg Pie as featured on Kiwi Faves this week. While many people feel very strongly again adding anything other than bacon & eggs to said pie.. I think the more the better. This recipe includes pesto, cherry tomatoes, and parsley for a delicious, herby twist! Check out the result below.
- I stumbled onto this eBook on food photography by Lindsay of Pinch of Yum last weekend, and after ‘umming’ about it for a few hours I went and bought it. It’s called Tasty Food Photography and was totally worth the US$19 I spent on it. Plus I’ve found the tips useful not only for food photography but outfit photos t0o. Check if out!
Images: DSquared2, My own